Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A Forced Dinner of Two Similar Minds


If Lakshimi Chaudhry, and Pat Archbold were forced to sit down and have dinner together I believe they would be able to carry on a civil conversation with many similarities in their beliefs. In both of these articles, from my understanding, the authors were speaking of the decaying of certain beliefs and morals in our society today. Each author takes on a different gender, but ultimately they share a common trend in their thought process. Chaudhry speaks about the changing of men, becoming less masculine and acting more like “boys”, based on a lot of our media sources. Archbold speaks about women desiring to be wanted and “hot” rather than keeping their appearance of innocence, and being considered “pretty”, which in turn, would cause a man to lose his interest in protecting and caring for the woman. Archbold mentions, she does not want to live in the past and hold the past years up on a pedestal, but rather keep some of the moral standings of the past years, I feel Chaudhry would very much so agree with her. Although I don’t think the two would completely agree on everything, I do think they would agree on most subjects. I couldn’t imagine their conversation being tense at all, I could picture the two bouncing ideas off of one another and being able to relate very closely with their morals and discussing society today.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with what you are saying. I feel as if the two authors would find many similarities in their beliefs too. Even though these authors are coming from different perspectives, I also believe they share a very similar thought process. They may not agree on everything but I imagine they would see eye to eye on the decaying of moral changes of society between the time periods. Since they have such similar ideas, sharing them with each other could bring about even thoughts. I imagine these two authors would be able to carry on a civil conversation for quite a while.

    ReplyDelete