Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Dinner with a New Friend?

After reading "Men Growing Up to be Boys" and "The Death of Pretty" I concluded that the two authors would mostly get along during their dinner. They both illustrated their thoughts on the younger generation's changes in the way they perceive their selves to others versus the older, more traditional stereotypes for men and women. This gives them many ideas and points to relate about. I believe they would discuss their articles, other ways how the generation of men and women now are slowly degrading our society, and how the two ideas of men wanting to enjoy a care-free, irresponsible lifestyle and women preferring to be seen as a hot sex symbol rather than innocent have relating aspects. Each author may have an opinion on which gender is to blame for the changes, and I would expect them to discuss it. This part of their encounter may get heated and spark a great argument allowing their dinner to be generally pleasant even if there are a few disagreements.

1 comment:

  1. If I were at the dinner you just described I would get along with each of the authors’ ideas. I agree with you on the fact that they would get along and have a pleasant conversation. I would tell Chaudhry that I agree with his idea that men want to stay boys forever, and that men in today’s society have a peter pan like complex. I would tell Archbold that I agree with the idea that woman in today’s society prefer Hot over Pretty. I would motivate each of them to possibly collaborate and write, and article with both of their ideas in mind. I think being in that environment I would learn a lot from them and they would learn a lot from me, speaking from a younger generation’s point of view.

    ReplyDelete