Thursday, January 22, 2015

Pleasant Evening

I feel that if the two authors of these texts were to sit down and have dinner together, it would be a very pleasant evening.  I think they would agree with each others ideas because their ideas are very similar in the sense that "old-fashion" behaviors are being tossed aside so that men can remain young by only caring about themselves, fearing commitment, and not wanting to take responsibility for their lives.  Women would rather have the attention of men than the respect that comes with being pretty.  I think they would talk about how being "old-fashion" is a better way to live life because men should take responsibility and care for themselves and those who they represent and women should not objectify themselves because they crave a mans attention and approval.  I feel that the two authors would have very little to argue about because their idea of how people should act and present themselves are basically the same thing.  This dinner that they are "forced" to have would ultimately be a success because they could discuss their ideas with one another and the other would completely agree.  The dinner would be very pleasant and relaxed.

1 comment:

  1. At this dinner I would play the "devil's advocate" on both sides. In every conversation there has to be a friction to get the fire started so to say. If one person is always agreeing with the other then no original thoughts are being thrown in the air.
    First I would ask about all the truly innocent girls that do exist and all the women that don't need a man's attention and approval.
    Then I would ask where all the LGBTQIA's fit in to both of the articles. I feel that if I brought up the part of the article where John Wayne is replaced with a "metro-sexual" male, I would also ask why not replace him with a gay man. a gay man is still a man.
    The dinner would be nice and eventful

    ReplyDelete